If anyone else has had a bad run of luck over the past month exceeding mine, it must be David Petraeus and Paula Broadwell.
Well that is a broad statement. (not necessarily, and no pun intended). But The Atlantic reveals what finally unraveled the affair. Was it Paula Broadwell’s ‘harassing’ emails to another woman who has been identified as Jill Kelley?
Well, it wasn't and it was.
The trigger for the FBI investigation was surely the harassment by Paula Broadwell. Now why should someone, anyone, who has achieved so much and carrying on an affair with the (now/then) Director of CIA send harassing emails is better left for Paula to explain.
But Paula Broadwell didn’t send emails to Jill Kelley under her own name. She used what they call a pseudonymous account - a pen name - an assumed identity. That was what the first leaks suggested.
By itself the emails could not have led the FBI, however good their technology is, to zoom in on Broadwell.
The latest leaks claim it was the so called Gmail footprint / metadata / headers or whatever the geeks wants to call it helped nail David Petraeus.
It is all hogwash. To my mind, there is no way an email metadata can pin point exactly an individual as the one who sent the email - without other circumstantial evidence (correct me if I am wrong here) - when he/she uses anonymity.
The truth is in details. And the truth how Gmail actually revealed the Broadwell-Petraeus affair is in tomorrow’s (tonight in India) Telegraph, Australia report revealing Jill Kelley as the other ‘harassed’ woman.
Seems Paula Broadwell ‘gained’ access to Petraeus private Gmail account and used it to send emails - possibly to Jill Kelley.
That is a major boo boo!
A major boo boo by General Petraeus for giving access to Paula and an earth-shaking boo boo by Paula Broadwell for firing from his gun - sorry, Gmail account (absolutely no pun intended).
Seems Greenberg in his 2007 cartoon caricatured the man exactly right - even he couldn't have foreseen Paula in it.
(image courtesy Ventura County Star)
- ► 2013 (271)
- Views under the News - 30 Nov 2012
- UN Palestine vote - what difference does it make
- Celebrating Tamil Festival of Lights - Karthigai D...
- Queen Elizabeth and the killer commando
- Views under the News - 28 Nov 2012
- Will the knives come out for Dhoni
- Views under the News - 27 Nov 2012
- How India lost the plot and the test match
- Views under the News - 26 Nov 2012
- So, how is the new header image
- How do they bypass Disqus comment system
- Views under the News - 23 Nov 2012
- Views under the News - 22 Nov 2012
- Views under the News - 21 Nov 2012
- LeT terrorist hanged but LTTE still free
- What is new in Firefox 17 except crash on install
- Slow internet and a light relief: comic
- Views under the News - 20 Nov 2012
- My Blood Pressure is 190/120 - Oh WOW!
- Views under the News - 19 Nov 2012
- Will Chennai escape TC 03B
- Watch Meenakshi Lehki make a fool of herself
- Dead pigeon in the backyard
- Views under the News - 16 Nov 2012
- Reduce load time in Blogger
- Petraeus and Broadwell could have
- Children’s day is for Doodle4Google winner
- Deepavali cracker burst by hand
- No Google Doodle celebrating Deepavali 2012
- Gmail nails Petraeus nailing Broadwell, does it?
- Wish you all a Happy Deepavali 2012
- Celebrate Deepavali with 10 year crackers
- Google Doodle celebrates Rodin’s Thinker
- Saturday Routine for clean, fast PC
- Google updates Toolbar PageRank, blog turns PR3
- Puerto Rico referendum votes for US statehood
- US Elections: Why the fiasco in Florida vote count...
- What is new in Comodo Internet Security 5.12
- What is new in Google Chrome 23
- Google Doodle for Bram Stoker’s Dracula is bland a...
- US Elections: Republican House versus Democratic S...
- US Elections: Between Post and CBS, Obama wins
- US Elections: Has a weeping Obama ensured his elec...
- US Elections: Obama or Romney - early trends
- US Elections:- Where are the ‘Joe The Plumbers’?
- Spotted an Aston Martin Rapide in Chennai
- Neighbour and his Malware PC
- Pickle that green Peppercorn
- ▼ November (48)
- ► 2011 (258)
- ► 2010 (233)